The mission of the Equity Committee is to assist the district in improving success among students from racial and ethnic minority groups and economically disadvantaged backgrounds, LGBTQ students, students who have disabilities and students who are non-English speakers.
The Equity Committee consists of 12 community members. In addition, two board members, the superintendent, and three staff members serve as non-voting members.
The role of the Equity Committee is to:
• Promote mutual understanding between the community and the district.
• Promote inclusion, justice and equity in our schools.
• Collaborate with the district to identify and implement initiatives that best support students.
• Actively create, coordinate and support partnerships that engage students and families in boosting academic achievement.
• Connect the district with community initiatives to increase student success and build partnerships to support these efforts.
• Analyze student performance data in order to recommend school and/or community interventions.
• Build alliances and sustain communications with stakeholder groups in the community to support district equity goals.
• Work with the district to engage community stakeholder voices.
The board is interested in appointing a diverse committee that includes people of different races, ethnicities, identities, abilities and perspectives who:
• Bring a connection to, relationship with, and advocacy for specific communities.
• Have a professional background or community leadership experience in educational equity issues.
• Know how to impact institutional change in the areas of equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Have experience across multiple dimensions of diversity.
For more information call 541-790-7714.
- About 4J
- School Board
- For Staff...